We know we've been oinking on and on about our fabulous guest editor Miss Piggy, but we couldn't steal her for the day without gleaning some of her personal style tips and inspirations. After all, she's just been immortalised on screen in The Muppets as the Editor of Vogue Paris so she's clearly up to the job. Proving to be a huge inspiration to many and with designers literally tripping over their trotters to dress the little madam, here are some nuggets from the lady herself. Super squeals!
1. GILES DEACON - I adore his creations, most particularly the fabulous ensemble he conjured for moi to wear to the London premier of my movie “The Muppets”. Didn’t I look fantastique?
2. PINK - Moi looks fabulous in any colour, but I’ve always adored pink. So seductive. So sultry. So moi! It’s my second favorite colour…after diamonds.
3. DOROTHY from “THE WIZARD OF OZ” - Like the Wicked Witch of the west, I’d kill for those shoes.
4. HOLLYWOOD’S GOLDEN AGE - Those fabulous black & white studio glamour shots of stars like Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman! As moi’s fave Norma Desmond said: “We had faces!”
5. CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN - He designed my footwear for the movie… and I adored every step of the production. His designs are perfect for dancing, strutting and—when necessary—kicking.
6. “THE DIVA CODE” – A marvelous book about living life beyond your means, but not beneath your standards. Penned by…well, what do you know….Moi! A must-read. I insist!
7. KERMIT - Yes, I know: He hardly ever wears couture of any kind. But that’s one of the things I love about him: the frog works naked. Few can pull it off… but my Kermie can!
8. DUSTIN HOFFMAN in “TOOTSIE” - A classic comedy, and an abject lesson in how stylish fashion can make a silk purse out of a…..oh never mind, you get the idea.