It’s a new year, which can only mean one thing: a brand spanking new wardrobe for Anna Dello Russo. The womenswear shows may only be a few weeks away (the fun begins in New York on the 9th of February, FYI), but we couldn’t possibly wait that long to see what fashion delights ADR had acquired for the new season ahead. So we took a trip to Milan during the menswear shows to sit front row with Vogue Nippon's Fashion Editor At Large herself.
Following a bonkers 2011 for ADR, which saw her whipping street photographers into a frenzy thanks to her ah-may-zing outfits, we were left wondering what the style-setter would do next. Could she possibly have more style tricks up her sequinned sleeve? But of course! For proof, have a scroll through the gallery of outfits above where you'll find Anna’s top looks from the past week, served up in the form of a full Givenchy look, a Dolce & Gabbana sequin dress and many more.
1. Who knew a parka coat could look so chic! Teamed with Balmain leather trousers, the Queen of Fashion was quick off the mark to bag herself this Pre-Fall Givenchy winter warmer. She finishes her look with a splash of her signature bling plus a Jil Sander hat with a dramatic veil. Bravo!
2. Whilst Anna is a pro at mixing it up, she does love a complete head-to-toe look. So for her second outfit of the week, what could be more iconic than Givenchy’s yellow panther outfit, which made its debut on the Autumn / Winter 2012 catwalk courtesy of Natalia Vodianova.
3. Ah yes, the sequins. It wouldn't be Fashion Week without at least one serving of sparkle from the Vogue Nippon Editor so at the Dolce & Gabbana menswear show, Anna opted to go pretty in pink. It’s so bonkers, we can't help but love it!
4. Next up, here's proof (as if you need it) that Anna ain't no one trick pony. Yes, we were rather surprised to see her uncharacteristically covering up in a full-length silk chiffon maxi dress. There's no colour, no bling and not a hat in sight. Who'da thought it.
5. The final outfit may not have been for a menswear show, but we couldn't possibly miss off the corker La Dello Russo wore to the Alberta Ferretti catwalk show. That's the Anna we know and love. How could we have ever doubted her?
by Lily Russo