It goes without saying that Grazia Daily is SUPER excited for Alexa Chung’s latest television project. So far, we know it’s a fash-off called 24 Hour Catwalk and will be aired in the US – and err, that’s all we got.
Until now. Yes, new deets about Alexa’s latest project have cropped up on Fashionologie and we can confirm the facts are these:
1. 24 Hour Catwalk is a reality series of 10 episodes
2. Alexa will be the hostess with the mostess
3. The show follows four designers over the course of 24 hours as they compete to create the best outfits
4. The designers will be judged by Cynthia Rowley, Derek Blasberg, and publicist James LaForce
5. The designers are narrowed down to two based on their vision, talent and endurance
6. $10,000 is the grand prize for the ultimate winner
Eeep! So in summary, it’s Project Runway – but more fun – and Alexa Chung is Heidi Klum – but much cooler. As avid followers of Alexa’s Hipster Formula, we can’t wait to see the parade of cutsey-kooky outfits from the Brit style star and here’s hoping for some guest appearances from her pals too.
We’re excited! And Alexa is too: ‘I only wanted to do this if it was going to be a genuine search for designers and if I would be working alongside people who are legitimate in the fashion industry,’ she says. After her last telly show, It's On with Alexa Chung, was cancelled less than a year into its run (gulp), Chungster sure knows what she wants. ‘I got so burnt by the last [show],’ she says. ‘[But] everything feels right this time. I really like the team. From day one, we've laughed nonstop." Aw, sounds like a jolly old time!
Speaking of which, let's take this opportunity as an excuse to relive some of our favourite Alexa on TV moments. It’s time to get wistful…
Alexa interviews Lady Gaga on It’s on with Alexa Chung
Alexa interviews Taylor Momsen on Frock Me
Alexa interviews Moby on Popworld
Alexa serves Rick Edwards a hotdog on T4
- Jessica Vince