Stop what you're doing and give a round of applause for Emma Watson please. Grazia Daily has fallen head over heels for her latest resplendent red carpet look and we defy you not to too. THIS is why we love it...
1. the dress is from Bottega Veneta's A/W '11 collection. Under the command of Tomas Maier, the Italian fashion house has become famous for unfailingly elegant gowns and luxurious flourishes. You'll remember Emma Stone wore a yellow and lace bustier dress to the MTV Awards earlier this summer, proving that young ladies on the Hollywood block are BV’s ideal customer so Emma of the Watson variety is wise to get involved.
2. the corset is hot. Made of raw canvas frayed at the edges, the figure-hugging bustier brings just the right amount of sexy rough-and-readiness while making the most of the actress’s petite frame.
3. then there’s the skirt. Would you LOOK at all that billowing satin and the gloriously sumptuous burnt amber hue with pewter shading. It’s elegant, original and appropriatley Gothic-like.
4. the accessorising is perfection. To avoid glamour-overload, all that’s needed for this dramatic look is a pair of Lorraine Schwartz earrings.
5. Also, can we just say: how amazing is that Black Swan-esque make-up? The eyeshadow is dark and smoky, with a slick of gold in the inner corners and flecks of gold leaf at the outer edges. Meanwhile, Emma's wet-look, slicked-back, side-parted hair ensures her doe-like eyes take all the attention.
6. Ms Watson works the look with conviction. Like a true fashion superhero, the 21-year-old is fast learning how to make brave fashion choices without looking too ‘out there’. And for that, we’re giving her a congratulatory thumbs up.
And the hits just keep on coming! Earlier in the day, EW went glitz a-go-go for an appearance on the Late Show With David Letterman thanks to this one-sleeved stunner from Balmain's A/W'11 catwalk. We're not entirely convinced by those Louboutin wedges, which look a tad clunky beneath all the intricate beading, but shiny sparkles never fail to appeal to the magpies within us.
So as Emma's charm assault continues, are you rating or hating her promo parade? Let us know below...
by Jessica Vince