Breaking News: Camilla Al Fayed buys Issa

11 July 2011

 The Al Fayed’s are back in fashion. Just a week after it was announced that Mohammad Al Fayed bought Cocosa, we can reveal that his daughter, Camilla, has bought a majority stake in Kate Middleton’s favourite brand, Issa.

Camilla has long been close friends with the label’s founder, Daniella Issa Helayel, who has kept a 49% share in the brand, while Camilla has the remaining 51%. No figures have been announced, but as the Royal connection has seen sales soar, and key styles instantly sell out, we can imagine Camilla’s shares didn’t come cheap.

It is said that Ms Al Fayed is to become the chairwoman of the brand, ‘in charge of expanding the company globally and increasing visibility’, according to Drapers.

 

The move coincides with the launch of the Issa online shop, which is expected to go live later this month.


Comments

All posts must obey the house rules, if you object to any comments please let us know and we'll take the appropriate action.