Apparently, the multi talented Mulleavy sisters, the duo responsible for super creative label Rodarte, have been testing out their musical chops by DJing on
Do you agree or disagree with our choices?
1. "Here Comes My Girl" (Tom Petty) thoughts of ‘girls’ don’t really narrow the field greatly when it comes to thematic collections, but we thought that their feisty warrior chick look of Spring ’10 (top pics) was a fair enough stab.
2. "Blue Moon" (Elvis) This was played at the finale of their white wintery A/W ’10 collection. We reflected on this fact before choosing these lunar looks to represent the song.
3. "The End" (The Doors) Apocalypse? Also from their wonderful S/S ’10 collection are these rather dystopian warlike costumes from the finale. Be afraid!
4. "Oo-de-lally" (Roger Miller) we weren’t originally familiar with the song, but we googled it and apprently the lyrics are all about Robin Hood riding through the woods and so we’ve plumped for a few pieces of their kookiest collection to date – S/S ’11, otherwise known as the '70's wood paneling collection. Very appropriate for woodland times.
5. "Star Wars Theme" (John Williams) What can we say? A/W ‘09 was space-age as you like. This black leather Darth Vader look particularly caught our eye. May the force be with you, girls!
- Naomi Attwood