So, whilst we battle to cover up every inch of our bodies and protect ourselves from the sub-zero temperatures we’re experiencing – on the other side of the Atlantic, at a New York award ceremony, Blake Lively was bearing all in our favourite party look of the season (and every one at that), metallic! But alas it is never so simple for us mere mortals to avoid looking like the Christmas turkey wrapped in tin foil. So, by following a few simple steps you too could be a shining star this Christmas…
- Body-con metallics should be avoided at all times. Draping, a la Blake will conceal any lumps and bumps and can be used cleverly to create or conceal your curves.
- Keep your metallics contained and to one item only.
- Teaming a matte leather jacket will add a cooler edge to your look. Keeping it tonal will avoid you looking as if you have thrown on your old biker and add a touch of evening glamour.
- Don’t overdo your make-up or accessories. Blake makes a feature of her crystal encrusted Louboutins by keeping the rest of her look minimal.
- And finally, hire a personal trainer to get perfect pins like Blake. Okay maybe no amount of personal training is going to do the trick but a girl can dream no?
Check out our top 6 metallic buys below...
- Lily Russo