You will have noticed by now that we are positively wild with excitement about the new Lanvin x H&M collection which hits stores on the 23rd November. To further whet our appetites the full lookbook film has just been released, and look! It stars Grazia Daily favourite Irina Lazareanu! The film is a visual explosion of awesome, ferocious styling, and naturally we completely and utterly love it. But what does it teach us about styling, we hear you ask? Well, darlings, it teaches us this:
- You may adore the necklace, but one is never enough. You must wear always at least two. And to the side, PLEASE. Wearing a necklace to the front is so passé. This season, it MUST be worn to the shoulder.
- The heels must be worn to make your legs look longer at all times. Unless you are standing on a Louis XVI footstool, in which case you can go barefoot. But only then. And only because it says ‘I am running through the palace barefoot; heels are beneath me’.
- The man, he should always be wearing the bow tie. And it has to be large. None of these teeny-tiny bow ties like that dashing Dr Who. It should be large and floppy and leopard print.
- And he must wear NEVER the sock. The sock is so pedestrian. GET THIS SOCK AWAY FROM ME.
- A corsage to your lapel says ‘I am soft, like flower, but also hard like Bridegroom’. This message is SO this season; this season is about the HARD and the SOFT.
- If you are wearing the sunglasses, the flashbulbs, they will go Pow! Pow! Pow! And the people they will be looking and thinking ‘that person, she is fabulous, I MUST have her life’.
PS. don't forget to check out the latest episode of Grazia TV where you'll see our fashion team style up our favourite pieces from the collection right here.
- Alex Butt