Oh to be a boy. To buy a winter coat one year and not even think about replacing it for many years to come. To not really be aware of fashion, or care about it that much. Oh wait, we don’t want to be one of those boys. We want to be the very fashionable ones. You know, the kind that are photographed on the street looking mean and moody in cool and casual outfits that are actually by Prada. Yes, those boys. They were everywhere at the recent menswear shows in Milan and Paris. So what will they be wearing come autumn? Helpfully we have had a flick through the collections and have surmised the following…
- Any colour goes as long as it’s black, grey or brown.
- You will be wearing trousers TUCKED INTO BOOTS. And if you don’t, then in style you will not be.
- Cardigans are stylish once again, but only if they are super tight or massively oversized
- Polonecks are not to be laughed at, and they will have no other connotations…
- Overcoats will be, well the same as normal, but jackets will be padded.
- Hats are BACK!
But we think that the following deserve a special mention, just because they are quite brilliant…
While we may have spent too long eyeing up the women’s pre collection, we loved the men's camel overcoats, the pop colour skinny knits worn over shirts and under jackets, the belted cardis and the wipe clean coats.
Over at Emporio Armani we visualized ourselves zipping down the slopes in his neon gear, while at Giorgio Armani things had a more sophisticated French twist.
Which man doesn’t want to wear a hairband?
Suits in all your favourite upholstery fabrics.
Dolce & Gabbana
Yum, velvet coats and work boots.
It’s all about the bags. Get your Boyf to treat himself to one and then swiftly borrow (nick) it.
For all those guys still carrying a little bit of Christmas weight – your prayers answered!
They said that the ‘90s are back, and that means Neo and The Matrix crew too. We always loved this look!
- Kay Barron, Grazia's Fashion News Editor