You know how annoying it is when your really hot friend tells you she thinks she’s fat and then you have to spend seven hours looking at her in her underwear just to tell her she’s not? Well that’s a little bit how Grazia Daily feels this morning, after inspecting the new images of Megan Fox modelling for Emporio Armani underwear. Not that Miss Fox is our friend. Or thinks she’s fat. Or, frankly, even asked us to look.
But anyway, Fox has taken over from Victoria Beckham as the face and body of Armani women’s underwear whilst Portuguese fit-baller Cristiano Ronaldo will erm, fill (?) the trunks previously won by Mr B. Personally, Grazia would have quite like to have seen another married duo take over the role; like maybe Demi and Ashton. Or Jamie Cullum and Sophie Dahl, perhaps. But we totally get why Giorgio Armani opted for Miss Fox: the girl is smoking! Or as Mr Armani more eloquently put it: 'Megan is young and sexy and has a lot of spirit.'
This is lovely Megan’s first shoot for the label, in images that were shot in LA by Mert Atlas and Marcus Piggott. Utilising the same black and white aesthetic that was employed for the Beckham’s ads, these images are a part of a very paired-down campaign, where Megan manages to look naturally beautiful in every shot.
Grazia Daily likes to think that through these pictures gorgeous Megan is giving us a visual lesson on how we mere mortals should pose in lingerie (bear with us on this). So, helpfully (and because Megan was, like, waaay to busy to do it herself) we have chosen our favourite five poses from Miss Fox’s Lingerie Masterclass.
- Shy Megan. This is what we like to call the ‘tummy cover’ pose, though when we attempted it looked quite a lot more ungainly whereas Megan looks perfect, frankly. It also rather reminds us of a time over the Christmas holiday when we caught our Aunty Pat coming out of the bathroom sans towel. >shudder<
- Stretchy Megan. This is the Schoolgirlish hands-up pose we like the most. Cos we totally get it. Stretching oneself to the ceiling will make even a northern hemisphere January body look slimmer, so we are in favour. The only problem with this is intention: it might look a bit odd doing it in the middle of the room, so we suggest incorporating it into a burlesque-style lightbulb-changing routine.
- Mermaid Megan. Hmmm, no. We attempted this on a beach once, in a rush of ill-advised holiday confidence. All images have since been destroyed, and the photographer has been shot. The only way, really, for mortals to attempt this look is to ensure that the duvet comes up to just under your boobs. Mmmm, duvet.
- Wet shirt Megan: It’s a classic, we’ll give you that. However, the difficulty with this lies in that fact that a wet shirt over Megan Fox = insane levels of hotness, whereas a wet shirt over anyone else = regional nightclub.
- Classic Megan: Megan smoulders in this timeless image, which follows the basic rules of posing-in-lingerie as set out by the renowned underwear expert Eva Herzigová in her 1994 masterpiece ‘Hello Boys’. It’s quite a straightforward format: tits out, tummy in. Of course, it’s helpful if you have either Megan or Eva’s face, but we can’t all be the class showgirl, can we?
So now you know. But why let Megan Fox have all the fun? Buy Emporio Armani lingerie online and find stockists here: www.emporioarmani.com
- Alex Butt