The Grazia office is all a flutter at the moment. Paris Fashion Week? Sure. X Factor? Yep. But the most exciting news of all? The new series of Gossip Girl starts on Wednesday!
And if you’re as obsessed with the show (and the girls’ outfits) as we are, then just check out this photo of the inside of the GG wardrobe! Our style dream come true, it’s absolutely packed to the very-high rafters with dresses, bags and lots of oh-so-fabulous shoes. So, in honour of the stylists who have to climb up to some seriously high rails to dress Chuck, Serena et al, we have decided to give you our very own GG style rundown…
- Headgear is a must. Think cute hats, vintage girly headbands a la Blair, and boho headscarves a la Serena VDW.
- Mix old with new. Add pearls, lace, or a vintage handbag to put a classic twist on an outfit.
- Take a risk. When pieces seem like they won’t go together, sometimes you try them on and they just work. Clash colours, mix eras, layer up with waistcoats and cardigans – you may feel inspired!
- Go preppy with checks. Think Christopher Kane at LFW…
- High necks equals sexy. Thanks to Miss Waldorf we’re all about high-necked dresses these days… just remember to up the wow factor with the lingerie underneath! Blair’s burlesque performance in Victrola, anyone?
- Rock chicks don’t have to live in black. Little J wears black fringing over a coloured kaftan in series 3 to add a bright twist to her edgy look.
- Accessories, accessories and more accessories!
- Eric Daman, the stylist for the show (who began his career working with none other than SATC guru Patricia Field) once said that “Dressing up is all about fun”. Splashes of colour, pretty accessories, mixing prints – just go with whatever takes your fancy!
PLUS Eric has also made a series of videos outlining his inspiration for the wardrobe of each character. Check out the Serena flick below, and then follow our links to ones for Blair, Vanessa and Jenny. Enjoy! xoxo