We're having a bit of a model-obsessed week here at GraziaDaily. First we brought you the news that runway darling Lara Stone was a whopping size 8 (shocker!), then we revealed high street giant Next's search for the next top supermodel, and yesterday Anja Rubik herself told us she couldn't get enough of all things Grazia. So what better time than to bring you the top do's and don'ts from the inside on becoming a top model, straight from hot scout Karen Lee. So listen carefully if you've ever dreamt of smoking Vogues backstage while being sewed into one of Galliano's couture gowns. (Oh, is that just us then?!) Here are our favourites...
1. Look like a model: wear jeans, short shorts, or a short skirt, with a simple tank and current heels for girls 14/15 and older. Kids should look like kids.
2. Keep your hair healthy and simple.
3. Skin should be clean and healthy looking.
4. Nails should be clean, short, and bare.
5. Maintain a positive inner dialogue – avoid negative thoughts toward yourself or others.
6. Express your personality.
7. Research current models and trends.
8. Show gratitude toward the convention for the experience and the opportunity to meet hundreds of scouts, agents, and managers.
9. Make sure you're in shape by eating healthy and exercising.
10. Be engaging when talking to scouts, agents, and managers.
1. Don't approach agents or scouts unless you are approached.
2. Don't give your phone number or e-mail out to anyone. Even though you're looking to get signed, have someone ready to be your stand-in agent (until you strike gold, of course) and give out their contact info instead.
3. Don't wear make-up.
4. Don't be late for events.
5. Don't wear baggy clothing.