Two hours before kick-off the collection is gingerly unveiled from protective bags. Muted jewel-tone dresses and cozy knits spill out. DVF herself enters with adorable grandsons in tow. Models, make-up artists, paparazzi and cameras enter the craziness. Rachel Zoe pauses to chat up Alexander von Furstenberg. The creative team at Diane von Furstenberg were so busy twittering (not to mention filming their backstage FW diary videos) you could almost wonder how they managed to get any work done. But work they did – pulling together a collection that featured muted metallics, giant pompom hats and a lesson in layering. Still, that didn't stop everyone craning to watch the first key front row:
1. Rachel Zoe was rocking a Burberry Prorsum feather coat.
2. Ex-supermodels-turned-TV stars Heidi Klum and Molly Sims sat together.
3. André Leon Talley of American Vogue was relegated to SECOND row and looked none too happy about it. Perhaps he was being asked to give up his seat for....
4. Diana Ross! Yes, the living legend was sitting front row and centre and was clearly the guest of honour as they played her disco classic Upside Down during the finale.
5. Best of all though was Diana Ross sitting rather incongruously next to Suzy Menkes. Bizarre!
Check out the key DVF looks below...