All this week Grazia is at Couture Week, swooning at the collections, staring at the AMAZING Couture clients and having a gossip or two (which we will bring to you as soon as we can type it into our phones). From the fashion front lines we will bring you our top 5 favourite things about each show - from the clothes, to the front rows, to the music, right down to the press releases if they prove worthy!
First up yesterday was Dior and it firmly and brilliantly kicked us into Couture. Dita von Teese was there looking gorgeous as ever, while Mischa Barton arrived ten minutes into the show and had to be escorted to her seat - not sure if that is still fashionably late, or just late late?
Anyway, here are our Top 5 Dior Couture moments...
1) Mouthwatering summer colours: powder blue, lemon, dusty pink, parma violet. (The sky was grey. The news was gloomy. And the audience was dressed in black, as usual, which only made everyone hanker after the colours even more).
2) Ribbons and frills: trim a bodice, a sleeve, a hem. It's feminine free-for-all.
3) Lace collars and cuffs: just in case you didn't get that girly thing? Huge lace collars and cuff trims leave no one in any doubt.
4) Neck-fulls of tumbling pearls. Pile on the pearls girls and make a couture statement with a simple neckline.
5) The soundtrack. Get it on your iPod now. Françoise Hardy and Carla Bruni ballads get you into breathless romantic mood. But the designer, John Galliano, took his bow to the thumping Bangra beat of the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack.