When Keira Knightley stepped out onto the red carpet last year wearing that blue netted dress, Alexis Mabille went from relative unknown designer to one-to-watch. Originally from Lyon, Alexis runs his business with his mother, brother and sister-in-law from a one-room atelier in the 2nd arrondissement in Paris (romantic or what?) Besides Keira, Sofia Coppola and Dita von Teese are both fans, but here's what we though of the collection:
FIVE THINGS WE LOVED ABOUT ALEXIS MABILLE
1) The perfect little back dress, called Eyeliner, with lingerie-detailed bodice and pagoda-shaped skirt.
2) A bright coral pink flannel dress styled like a nightshirt. Who says you can't get cosy, chic and comfortable in one look...
3) The most wearable evening dresses ever: loose sheaths sequinned all over, with one shoulder and sleeve. Or floor-length tank dresses in bright panne velvets.
4) The fact that he shows ready-to-wear and couture all together on one runway. Why did no one think of that before?!
5) He's now available in Dover St Market!!