Inside our PFW Make-Up Bag
Although we absolutely adore London, New York and Milan (any excuse to dig out the passport) there’s something about the glamour and sophistication of le Paris which seriously appeals to us beauty ladies! Plus, when you can have a buttery croissant on tap 24-hours a day? We’re sold! When Paris Fashion Week (aka PFW) comes round we cannot help but get a teensy bit excited about heading over to the French capital for the 9-day fash and beauty bonanza.
The shows we’re most looking forward to you say? Alas, where to begin? We reckon there will be some pretty awesome hair and make-up looks going down at Balmain, Dior, Chloe and Chanel… but that’s just to name a few! To ensure we’re looking our tip-top at all times we’ve packed our trusty little kit of PFW essentials. Read on to find out the products we’re taking with us to look peachy and groomed to perfection come rain, shine or sweaty backstage moment…
1. Kiehl’s First Class Purifying Hand Treatment, £16: As much as we love the big city life, germs are aplenty, so we always stock up on this nifty hand sanitizer to keep our paws clean at all times. What’s more, it’s jam-packed with pure essential oils to keep everything nice and soft. A winner!
2. This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up, £30: Although we’re not the ones walking down the catwalk, a flawless complexion is still top of our priorities. Tricky as it may be with too many vin blancs, café au laits and late nights, this clever all-in-one mask, moisturiser and primer makes everything that little bit easier. A godsend.
3. Clinique All About Eyes Serum, £22: There’s something about this cooling rollerball which never fails to make us stressed-out beauty ladies feel instantly calm… and de-puffed. This is bleary-eyed essential is perfect for early-morning call-times and can easily be reapplied throughout the day, too.
4. Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Illuminating Beauty Balm, £26: This is the best product we’ve come across when it comes to faking a glow. Honestly, this stuff is magic, and it really does last all day. Plus, with a hit of SPF30 you can relax if you’re caught off-guard when the sun comes out.
5. Dior Vernis in Trafalgar, £18: A red nail polish is a total PFW essential. This colour oozes sophistication and will guarantee the prettiest tips around town (and backstage).
6. Lipstick Queen Saint 10 Percent Pigment in Saint Hot Rose, £20: Now, we’re not going to lie- we are suckers for pretty packing and this gorgeous little bullet really does tick all the beauty boxes. The colour is perfect for day-to-night usage too. Get involved girls!
7. Valmont Regenerating Mask Treatment: We discovered Valmont a while back and have been hooked on this incredible mask ever since. When we’re tucked up in our white fluffy hotel robes, this is our pampering treat of choice.
8. Chantecaille The Wild Horses Palette, £74: Come PFW, every girl needs at least one gorgeous palette in her beauty stash and this is our fave. The 4 colours inside (etched into pretty little ponies- swoon!) are all you need for day and night glamour. Parfait!
9. Sisley Phyto-Blush Eclat in Pinky Coral, £50: There’s something about this lightweight formula which leaves our cheeks with the perfect flush. What’s more, with its own little brush tucked inside the palette, that’s one less thing to think about.