This week, Pope Francis did it for the sisters. In his home, Vatican City, he told an Italian women’s group that he agreed ladies should take on a more prominent role not only in the Catholic church but also in professional and public spheres. PF, you’re a hero. Here’s ten more reasons why…
1. The time he became @Pontifex
The pope loves to tweet. And he’s also got way more followers than you.
2. When he took a selfie and didn’t care who knew about it.
And the evidence of it went viral. #nofilter #Amen.
Thank you @FabioMRagona, you wonderful soul
3. When he thought nothing of popping a bit of a red nose on, as requested by a couple of newlyweds.
P-Frizzle is down with clowning around.
4. Last week when he declared that he’d found the creator of the internet? Yeah, that time.
(It’s God, you guys.)
5. When he couldn’t stop hugging everyone…
…Especially a little boy who attached himself to Popey’s legs and refused to let go.
Pic: Reuters/Osservatore Romano
6. The time he publically denounced the judgement of homosexuality.
Oh, and personally called a rape victim who had written a letter to him to console her. What a guy.
7. When he drew a heart in the air with his hands and the most wonderful Popey-GIF was born.
8. When he gave a hitchhiker a ride on his Popemobile.
He broke protocol – but then, PF doesn’t play by the rules.
9. That time he became Pope-SLASH-Air Steward and nailed it.
(Or at least, that's what the internet imagined he did.)
Pic: Catholic Memes
10. Finally – but imperatively – the time he wore a goat round his shoulders like a cape…
… and totally rocked it.
Pic: AP Photo/Osservatore Romano