Whether you’re a die hard football fan glued to the TV or just a casual observer perusing through your instagram feed whilst the games are on, it’s fair to say that social media has made this year’s #WorldCup waaaaay more interesting.
Whether we’re laughing along (or at) our fave members of the Twitterati or getting serious life envy from Gisele’s gorgeous family footy snaps, the social media commentary has undoubtedly been the real highlight of the games (and probably what’s kept us interested after England were booted out). Just in case you’ve missed any here’s our round up of the seven World Cups social highlights so far...
1. When Rooney asked us to believe in the snow
Gutted to lose game last night. We move on to Uruguay now. We have to believe snow stay positive— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) June 15, 2014
2. When Lord Sugar’s World Cup tweets were trolled and he got all sassy
“@nadir333:The only thing worse than this game is your tweets”.......you don't look old enough to drink cola, stick to milk from a teat— Lord Sugar (@Lord_Sugar) July 9, 2014
3. When a jolly Policeman took over South Warwickshire Police Twitter channel
will be playing recordings of Phil Neville all night to keep the streets all calm and sleepy. Remember respect residents #KnowYourLimit— Policing South Warks (@SWarksCops) June 14, 2014
4. When Rihanna was torn
5. When Gisele gave us a peek at her perfect family life
6. Snickers' speedy reaction to Luis Suarez’s toothy pitch action
7. When Rihanna live tweeted the entire World Cup final and was so lost for words she joined the mega fans with this dedication…
Futbol pic.twitter.com/yKOXGJ5SqU— Rihanna (@rihanna) July 13, 2014
8. And, of course, when Brazil suffered a 7-1 loss to Germany (soz, guys)
How many goals scored Germany against Brazil? https://t.co/F8PIBrG5iq— Christian Bendek (@CaribbeanKing) July 9, 2014
BREAKING: Brazil's Christ the Redeemer statue right now. pic.twitter.com/fvZ0YPJ5Wz— Football Funnys (@FootballFunnys) July 8, 2014