VIDEO: Dolly Parton Rapping On The Queen Latifah Show
Stop what you are doing. Down your tools. Dolly Parton has undertaken an unexpected career direction. That’s right during her appearance on Queen Latifah’s chat show yesterday, Dolly showed off her remarkable rapping skills. To quote Latifah Dolly is ‘the biggest and baddest rapper in the game!’ Who are we to question that? MC Parton has arrived!
Her infamous hair was as fabulous as ever. This time Dolly opted for a very apt big and bouncy afro which topped off her very tight black look which would put fear into any other 67 year old. But not Dolly of course!
Nicknaming herself as the ‘white trash princess’ from the ‘red neck mafia’ Dolly even took on Miley Cyrus during the rap which is obviously a very on trend thing to do at the moment. Dolly related her famous ‘assets’ to Miley’s wrecking ball. The innuendo barometer is going through the roof.
We love the fact that this has put Dolly back on our radar so we delved through the Parton archive from her illustrious and long career and rediscovered the five things which make Dolly such an icon. Of course, it’s mostly to do with the hair and her rule for dressing: there is never such a thing as too much embellishment.
Check out the five fabulous points below and we will see you on the next plan out to Dollywood! Don’t forget to pack your hairspray and your cowboy hat.
1. The Video for '9 to 5'. Hello shoulder pads and the ultimate perms. Ever.
2. Sandra Bullock tackled Dolly in Miss Congeniality 2. Talk about armed and fabulous!
3. Dolly's hair has a life all of its own. Its walking, talking architecture. Its gravity defying amazingness.
4. No one has a tour wardrobe quite like Dolly. No one. To quote Mariah, she has had many 'moments'.
5. Dolly Parton is bessie mates with Cher. Check out this clip from Dolly's appearance on Cher's chat show. Cher AND Dolly. Enough said.