It feels like we've been excited for Mad Max: Fury Road for yonks, thanks to possibly the most amazing cast ever - hello Charlize Theron, Tom Hardy, Nicholas Hoult and Rosie Huntington Whiteley. Can you believe it was way back in 2012 when we first gawped at Charlize's shaved head on set of the action-adventure film? Yup.
Cut to this weekend and exclusive footage was shown to an eager crowd at Comic Con in San Diego. Oscar-winning George Miller is the man behind the remake, which revisits his own post-apocalyptic trilogy that starred a then-unknown Mel Gibson. In the original, set in a dystopian future in Australia, a brutal biker gang kill a policeman’s family and he seeks his vengeance.
As for the new version, here's what we're excited for...
1. Tom Hardy stepping into Mel Gibson's dirt-stained boots
2. Charlize Theron back to her action hero best
3. Nicholas Hoult looking like a zombie (again)
4. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's return to acting
5. Zoe Kravitz's looking edgier than ever
6. ...and Abbey Lee Kershaw's Game Of Thrones-sque 'do
Mad Max: Fury Road is released on May 15 2015. See more stills from the film below...