Holy bananas, it's been a while since we've had a totally barmy made-for-TV movie. Remember the total balls-out gloriousness of William and Kate: The Movie? Now Lifetime - the US TV channel famed for it's OTT biopics of troubled stars has aired The House Of Versace - a look at the life of Donatella Versace as she deals with drug problems, the death of her brother, and taking over as head of one of the world's biggest fashion houses.
Gina Gershon, best known for her roles in Face/Off, Showgirls and as Hilary Swank's mouthy mate in unashamed tear jerker PS I Love You plays Donatella in this film based on Wall Street Journal reporter Debroah Ball's book The House Of Versace: The Untold Story Of Genius, Murder and Survival. Versace themselves have told WWD that, “Versace has neither authorized nor had any involvement whatsoever in the forthcoming TV movie about Mrs. Versace.” So how much of it is true? Oh, who knows? Either way it's a fun-filled romp of epically cheesy proportions. Here's our 8 favourite moments from the film...
1. The Time Donatella Was So Fabulous She Had Two Assistants To Derobe Her As She Entered The Office
2. The Time Gina Gershon Nearly Fell Asleep Getting Her Hair Did
3. The Time Gina Gershon Couldn't Take A Cigarette Out Of Her Mouth
4. The Time They Made Donatella A Cake With A Barbie Doll On
5. The Time Gina Gershon Won The Faint Of All Faints From Now Until The End Of Time Prize
6. The Time Gina Gershon Got Her Dance Inspiration From The Prancercise Lady
7. The Time They Recreated THAT Versace Shoot With Models That Looked Nothing Like Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford, Stephanie Seymour And Co (And Sans Shoes At That)
8. The Time Someone Actually Wrote This Line In A Script (And Gina Gershon Said It With A Straight Face)