E. L. James has taken to Twitter to confirm that Jamie Dornan IS her Christian Grey. She wrote: 'Stow your twitchy palms ladies... our man is here. Welcome to #TeamFifty @JamieDornan1 x' Lena Dunham is just as excited about the news as we are as she tweeted:
After all that kerfuffle about who will play Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey, it looks like we've got ourselves a keeper. Irish actor (and more importantly, Calvin Klein model) Jamie Dornan will star alongside Dakota Johnson, according to Variety.
Variety reports that the actor will be replacing Charlie Humman, who suddenly left the project last month just after it was announced that he was our Christian Grey. So who is Jamie Dornan? Well the actor made his film debut in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette and ABC series Once Upon A Time.
But you may be more familiar with his, err, ab work, as Jamie has modeled for Calvin Klein, Christian Dior and Armani. Judging by the amount of time he has spent in his Calvins, we think he will be comfortable stripping off for 50 Shades. Here's 10 things you need to know about Jamie Dornan...
1. First things first, the man has a beautiful face
2. He dated Keira Knightley between 2003 and 2005
As for the Robert Pattinson-esque fame which could be heading his way, he had a taster of what it's like to live with the paparazzi when he had a high profile relationship with actress Keira Knightley.
3. Jamie made his film debut in Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst
4. He is used to being in just his pants, as he is the face (or should we say torso) of Calvin Klein. We're big fans of your work
5. He got oily on several occasions with Eva Mendes in his Calvins
Jamie is a hugely successful model with a number of saucy 50 Shades-esque campaigns with Eva Mendes. He also posed alongside Gisele Bundchen for Aquascutum.
6. He once got naked with Kate Moss, for Calvin Klein
Jamie said about his modelling career 'Modelling is not really a profession if you are a guy, I don't think. It takes up so little time. I've never gone 'ooo I want to be a model, get me out there.' But I'm very realistic that it has been very good to me and I have been lucky enough to do some really good stuff.'
7. He was in a folk band called Sons of Jim that supported KT Tunstall on tour. We think this means he is sensitive, right?
Now lucky for you lot we have trawled through YouTube to find this video of Jamie serenading us on the telly...
8. He originally wanted to play ruggers
Jamie was a winger for the Belfast Harlequins and dropped out of university to focus on his ball skills. Here's a Jamie Dornan fact for you - he used to be able to run 100m in 11.1 seconds.
9. He has been linked with Sienna Miller, Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss.
10. Sorry girls, he's now married to actress and singer-songwriter Amelia Warner
Jamie married Amelia in April 2013 in a country house in Somerset, and they are currently expecting their first child. For their month-long honeymoon the couple rented a convertible Mustang and drove through America, which he called a 'once in a lifetime thing.'
Hold onto your Calvins Jamie, things are about to EXPLODE