It feels like we've been speculating about who will play Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey for YEARS. One minute it's Emma Watson, then it's Robert Pattinson, then it's Cara Delevingne. But today the rumour mill stopped spinning as it has been announced that Dakota Johnson (The Social Network and 21 Jump Street) has landed the role of Anastasia and her Christian Grey will be played by the bearded, ab-tastic Charlie Hunnam (Cold Mountain and Children of Men). Get ready to swoon.
E.L James is happy with the casting as she tweeted: 'I am delighted to let you know that the lovely Dakota Johnson has agreed to be our Anastasia in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey.' When we heard the news in Grazia Towers we headed straight to Google to discover who this Dakota Johnson is. She is relatively unknown so we have no pre-conception about what she will bring to the role. But as the granddaughter of Hollywood legend Tippi Hedren and the daughter of Melanie Griffith the pressure is on, with critics ready to compare her to Tippi and Melanie.
Not familiar with their previous work? Let us formally introduce you. We've rounded up the 5 things you need to know about Dakota and Charlie and why we think they have made the cut.
Let's start with Dakota Johnson
1. She is a new face, but she's not a total novice. Dakota has starred in The Social Network, Five Year Engagement and 21 Jump Street...
2. The nudity in her contract will be no problem as she stripped off in The Social Network
3. She's already won over Justin Timberlake; Christian Grey is no biggie.
4. Hollywood is in her blood, as Hitchcock heroine Tippi Hedren is her grandmother. Oh and Melanie Griffith is her mother and Antonio Banderas is her step Dad. Girl got connections.
5. She won't be too embarrassed about her mum watching, as she has done SO much worse. Melanie started doing nude scenes when she was just 17.
Now we come to Mr Charlie Hunnam
1. First things first, he is like a young Brad Pitt.
2. He won't need to have emergency cramming sessions in the gym. The man has muscles.
3. He's used to playing a bad boy.
4. From Byker Grove to Biker Gangs, this dude has ridden his way through cult TV classics. He was in the glory years of the Geordie based BBC drama, aka before Geoff died.
5. He is from Newcastle! We were betting on the Gosling, but a British boy is the next best thing.
The only problem is you'll be needing a shave Charlie. Christian is MR smooth...
So what do YOU think of Dakota and Charlie? Vote for your ultimate 50 Shades couple below and join the conversation on Twitter @Grazia_live