OMG can it really be TEN YEARS since we waved bye-bye to Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda? We can’t believe it but apparently yes it’s true: the final episode of Sex And The City aired in the US ten years ago.
It's the show that gave us Manolo Blahnik muggings, frenemies, Cosmopolitans, funky tasting spunk and an overwhelming desire to live in New York. It prompted a million 'Which Sex And The City character am I?' conversations and even more questionable fashion choices (giant scrunchie outfit anyone?).
We can't imagine ourselves ever getting tired of watching (and re-watching) the box sets though; can you think of a better Saturday night in? So despite a couple of (not-as-good) films, we obviously still love the groundbreaking HBO show. And here are a few reasons why….
1. Because It Had Strong Political Views
2. Because It Taught Us Important Life Lessons
3. Because It Gave Us Bradley Cooper's First TV Appearance
4. Because It Taught Us Terms We Didn't Know Existed
5. Because Of The Fashion
6. Seriously, Because Of The Fashion
7. Because Carrie Bradshaw Did This
8. Because The Characters Made Us Look Positively Stable
9. Because Of The Stellar Acting Skills
10. Because It Taught Us How To Drink Responsibly
11. And The Perks Of Prescription Drugs
12. Because It Taught Us Kevin And Perry Were Style Icons
13. Because Big Proposed With A Gosh Darn SHOE
14. Because It Taught Us The Appropriate Way To Talk To Shop Assistants
15. But Most Importantly Because NO-ONE MENTIONED That When Miranda Married Steve, Brady's Name Should Theoretically Have Become BRADY BRADY