Girls is back! Well almost. This Monday, 20th January, Hannah, Marnie, Adam, Jessa, Shoshanna will return to our telly screens for season 3 of the brilliant HBO series. We got to watch episodes one and two last night and in a rare flash of publicity, were privy to a brilliant Q&A with the cast. Here's what we learned...
Zosia Mamet, Lena Dunham, Richard E. Grant and Allison Williams at the UK premiere of "Girls: Season 3" [Getty]
1. They would neither confirm nor deny whether Victoria Beckham would be appearing... but they would ‘welcome her’. The dream, however, would be Jamie Dornan.
2. They are happy with the TV platform... but as for a film? ‘Never say never.' Ooh!
3. Lena Dunham once spent an evening... following Barbra Streisand’s maltese round the green room of an awards’ show.
4. American radio personality Howard Stern once compared Lena Dunham to Jonah Hill... He later apologised.
5. Girls' silent partner (and Lena's BFF), Jenni Konner, thinks the atmosphere on set is a direct result of being headed up by women... 'Women are more balanced,' she said. 'It gave the show a feminine push.'
Lena Dunham on set of Girls, series 3 [Girls]
6. Marnie is based on Lena's friend... She was originally supposed to be an uptight Jewish girl but Judd Apatow (the show's producer) asked her to think more broadly.
7. The hottest sex scene to date stars Danielle Brooks... Danielle's character (yes, that's Tasha "Taystee" Jefferson from Orange Is The New Black), recieves oral sex from Jessa while in rehab. Danielle is also the first black woman to co-star in Girls.
8. Allison Williams spent much of her audition... braiding Lena Dunham’s hair.
9. Jenna Konner opened up about Jemima Kirke’s pregnancy... ‘It’s hard to play someone who isn’t pregnant when they are pregnant'. As we have seen…
10. Jessa's rehab pal, Jasper, is played by Richard E Grant... He also has a fabulous tan. Even in winter.
11. Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon can act... Who knew! She plays Mindy and is also in rehab with Jessa.
Watch the highlights from the premiere in the video below...