Behind the Candelabra - the new Liberace biopic, premiered on HBO in America on Sunday and is due out in cinemas here on June 7th. It details the tumultuous relationship between eccentric piano maestro Liberace - at one point the richest entertainer in the world - and his toyboy Scott Thorson - on who's book the film's based.
As far as we can tell from the trailer, the film looks like a super-flamboyant, glitterball romp. The five-year relationship between Liberace and Scott (that started when Liberace employed a 17-year-old Scott as his friend and companion) revolved around drugs, expensive clothes and erm, lots of plastic surgery - administered in the film by a very frozen-looking Rob Lowe. Oh, there's a lot of piano playing on very sparkly pianos too. In short - it looks ace.
Here's 11 reasons that we can't wait to see it.
1. Because Michael Douglas Can Fly
Or you know, be lifted into the air by a cleverly concealed wire. Either way, the cape makes it.
2. Because It's Full Of Inspirational Quotes Like This
Liberace clearly knew his stuff.
3. Because Of The Fashion
Matching kaftans? Yes please.
4. Seriously, Because Of The Fashion
5. Because Matt Damon Smokes Like This
6. Also, Because Matt Damon Looks Like An Angel When He Sleeps
7. Because Rob Lowe Can't Move His Face
Because too many face-lifts will do that to you.
8. Because Michael Douglas's Piano Looks Like This
And you can't ever have enough sparkles with your musical interludes.
9. Because Matt Damon Does This
10. And Then This...
11. And Then This...
Be still our beating hearts.