There's a lot to be said for a bit of face fur - and, according to a new survey, our friends over the pond think so too. In fact, a new survey by the University of New South Wales found in a study that men and women find bearded boys more attractive than shaven ones. Can't make your mind up? We've gathered 10 of the best beards in Hollywood for your viewing pleasure to help...
1. Ryan Gosling's Love Beard.
Remember The Notebook. Think about the storyline. Supress tears. Now look at Ryan. LOOK AT HIM. You know.
2. Johnny Depp's Pirate Beard.
IT HAS BEADS, YOU GUYS.
3. Dumbledore and The Beard Of Dreams.
Nice beard jewels, too.
4. Tom Hanks and Nightmare Facial Hair.
He'd just caught sight of his reflection in this shot.
5. Hugh Jackman's Mutton-Chop Beard.
(Also works without the beard, as demonstrated by this absolutely fearless child of Wolverine).
6. Clint Eastwood in The Good, The Beard and The Ugly.
Grown to perfection.
7. Zach Galifianakis and THAT Hangover Beard.
8. Kanye West's Highly Stylized Circular Moustache-Beard Combo
The only man on the planet with a beard worthy of annotation.
9. Robin Williams' Beard That Is Almost As Scary As Jumanji Itself
This actually existed.
10. And Ben Affleck.
The beard that also has it's own Twitter account and Tumblr. It's basically a celebrity in itself. See more of it on Ben Affleck Night, showing on Sony Movie Channel from 6.50pm (Sky Channel 323) on Sunday, May 12.