Now and then: Charlize in Snow White in 2012 and in Mighty Joe Young in 1998
Today is Charlize Theron’s thirty-flipping-seventh birthday. Can you believe it? Whatever her secret to looking fab is, we want in. The South African glamazonian recently wrapped up Snow White and The Huntsman, which saw her star as Ravenna, the evil queen to Kristen Stewart’s Snow White. After all the well-publicised press-tour drama surrounding that K-Stew/R Patz debacle, Charlize is probably celebrating with a well-deserved birthday lie-in.
There’s not much time for rest though, Charlize’s next films are already under way. Up first is a role in Mad Max: Fury Road alongside the delectable Tom Hardy. And, as if that wasn’t enough, she’ll then find herself canoodling with Will Smith on superhero comedy Hancock 2. Not a bad for a few months’ work eh?
It's pretty incredible to think how far the actress has come in her impressive career, picking up an Oscar Award for Monster along the way. So to celebrate her 37th year in the world, let's remember five of CT’s finest moments in film...
1. Monster: Charlize’s Oscar winning role in 2003’s Monster took her from stunning starlet to bonafide Hollywood A-lister.
2. Young Adult: Juno writer Diablo Cody’s dark comedy from last year saw Charlize star as a deranged teen-fiction writer returning to her hometown in an attempt to win back her high-school sweetheart.
3. The Legend of Bagger Vance: Robert Redford’s golfing sob-fest saw Charlize as a southern-belle hell bent on protecting her father’s reputation. She got to snog Matt Damon too.
4. The Devil's Advocate: As one of her first major film roles back in 1997, creep-fest The Devils’ Advocate gave her the chance to star alongside Hollywood royalty Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino.
5. J'Adore Dior Advert: Not technically a film but worth a mention, no? Any woman who can stride across an apartment naked as the day they were born and look that good can sell us all the perfume she wants.
By Jess Commons