As TreyC became the latest X-Factor contestant to be shown the door and Wagner-with-a-V survived, here are our thoughts on this weekend’s show-down. And we want to hear you views below…
- Mary’s heart clearly wasn’t in it. Sadly we think she’s on borrowed time now.
- Katie sitting on the floor during the sing-off. Did you sympathise (poor pet, she’s tired) or holler OFF, OFF, OFF! at the telly? If any other contestant forgot their lines – again – then said ‘sod it’ and just sat on the ground would they survive?
- Wagner has an unlikely fan in his corner… Robert Pattinson. Yes, really. ‘I love this guy. He doesn’t have the best voice, but he enjoys what he does and I respect him for that.’ Terrifyingly could Wagner now win with the weight of the Twi-hards behind him?
- Simon saying ‘and I'll tell you why’ eighteen times every show. As in, ‘You're just brilliant (pause) and I'll tell you why...’ How about some new lines?
- Did anyone notice Simon’s face looked a little, umm, tighter, then usual? There’s been a tweak of some kind we swear. However we adore the glasses. Getting in character for the Harry Potter premiere Si?
- When Louis Walsh tells almost every contestant, 'I think you're going to be in the final', it oddly starts to lose its impact.
- Matt's crying -all together now: Awwwww! Though we thought Dannii put him on the spot by hinting about the ‘story behind the song.’ He clearly didn’t want to tell… Or was just holding out for a newspaper headline in the morning (cynical, us?)
- How good was Aiden this week? Although he’s since criticised Dannii for giving him too ‘intense’ songs. Isn’t that his thing though?
- The general mess that was last night's voting: Cheryl refused, Simon chose entertainment-value over vocal talent. If that’s what we’re voting on we could have crowned Jedward!
- Shayne Ward’s comeback. Worth the wait?
- The Minogue sisters reunited. Did anyone spot Kylie’s on-stage stumble? No? Well that just shows what a pro she is.
Same time next week. We can’t wait!