We need that glow!
We doubt you've flicked through the beauty section in this week's issue without marvelling at the wealth of glowing skin on display. Jealous?! Us too. Keen to up your radiance without busting your bank balance this summer? We have some skincare care icons that will make all the difference, and they're all under a fiver!
You don’t ever hear of women making a stampede across the country to get their hands on the latest £200 wonder cream but when a pot a miracle moisturiser that costs under two pounds (that’s less than my morning latte) hits the supermarket shelves it’s amazing the extraordinary lengths we’ll go to to get our hands on some.
Products come and go and our skincare regime will develop but there are always some creams that remain part of our routine, those cult beauty buys we wouldn’t be without. Those go to potions that keep our complexion clean, our skin protected and our bods moisturised. We all love to indulge in a luxury beauty product, it does for our bathroom shelf what a Choo can do for our feet but who can resist a bargain? Not us.
Team Grazia Beauty were delighted to get our hands on the latest wonder cream this week, Bottle O’ Butter. At an exciting £4.99 a bottle it’s one of the best kept beauty secrets, usually only available in Afro – Caribbean shops and beauty salons. Rich in Cocoa butter and lanolin it transforms lack lustre and scaly skin to something gleaming and lovely. Butter me up.
Read on for the other beauty bargains making up our hit list this summer. Shopping spree time!
- Red Fox’s Bottle O’ Butter £4.99: Rich in Cocoa Butter and Lanolin, slather it on to give your skin an enviable glossy sheen.
- Pond’s Cold Cream Cleanser £4.49: A favourite with women for over a century and the secret to Kylie’s peachy complexion, use it to remove make up, as a facemask or massage it into hands for an instant moisture fix.
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly £1.99: The beauty all rounder, its many talents include, being the perfect barrier cream and keeping your lips looking luscious.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula £2.65: The everyday essential that bathes your skin in moisture, with the added bonus of vitamin E to help improve the appearance of scars, imperfections and stretch marks.
- Sudocrem £2.55: Cheryl Cole raves about how this all-purpose SOS cream ‘really works’. It’s excellent for moisturising and protecting skin but we love it for working it’s magic on spot prone skin.
- Aldi’s Lacura Q10 Anti Wrinkle Day Cream £1.99: When a survey revealed this low budget wrinkle busting formula came out top, over better known luxury brands, women everywhere rushed to stock up on this wonder cream.
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream £3.85: This glycerine-rich concentrated formula can transform even the driest chapped hands.
- Johnson’s Baby Lotion: Scented with a delicate fragrance reminiscent of a happy childhood, apply it liberally for skin as soft as, well, erm, a baby.
- St Ives Apricot scrub £4.29: The original power scrub, revive a dull complexion and restore it to its former radiant glory.
- Garnier Skin Naturals Summer Body £3.56: Revolutionising fake tanning, we were finally able to get that gentle sun kissed look all year round and avoid a fake tan faux pas like Ross (from Friends).
by Heather Roberts.