We waited for what felt like an age for MIC babe Millie Mackintosh’s wedding to Professor Green- team Grazia beauty had bets on her hair, make-up and dress, and we are thrilled to say that the new Mrs Green exceeded our beauty expectations in every single way possible! Although we’ve always been fans of Millie’s amazing beauty style, we think she looked every inch the blushing bride yesterday as she tied the knot to her rapper fiancé in the swanky Babington House in the Cotswolds. If, like us, you just can’t stop swooning over Millie’s stunning hair and make-up, then fear not girls (and future brides) as we’ve got the full lowdown on how to get the look…
The first thing we noticed when we spied photos of bride Millie was her unbelievably amazing skin. Her secret? None other than leading skin care expert and celebrity facialist Elizabeth Caroline, who was Millie’s official wedding facialist. The skin expert prepped Millie’s skin for months before the big day using a combination of her bespoke, handmade products and unique beauty treatments. The night before the wedding, Elizabeth set up Millie’s hotel room with scented candles, scattered petals and had classical music piped through the ceiling, and then treated Millie to an Elementals Massage and A-Lift Elementals Facial “to make sure she had a restful night and was glowing from the inside out” the skin guru told Grazia Daily.
Elizabeth's bespoke skincare for Millie's wedding glow (Hype PR)
Planning to get hitched soon? Most brides suffer with an element of stress leading up to their big day which can affect lipid levels in the skin, which in turn can cause breakouts and hypersensitivity. For a Millie-worthy glow, Elizabeth advises brides to schedule some imperative ‘down time’ in the lead up to the wedding. Try yoga or meditation to keep yourself focused and balanced.
Millie’s flawless complexion was offset to absolute perfection with a stunning plaited up-do which gets our full beauty marks! In fact, Millie is totally SS 14 ready as this look was spied over at New York Fashion week only yesterday at Naeem Khan’s catwalk show. Way to go, Millie! We reckon we’ll be seeing plenty more bridal plaited do’s come next spring…
Millie's hairstyle was bang on-trend for SS 14
Jo Hansford senior stylist Roxy says, “Millie’s elegant plaited up-do is the perfect example of romantic, vintage wedding hair. This is an ideal style for brides looking for a soft, romantic up-do and it shows off her stunning dress to perfection.” We couldn’t agree more, and celebrity hairdresser James Brown (a fave of Kate Moss) thinks the look is great as it’s timeless yet still has a fashion edge: “She’ll still love this hair in 20 years’ time, which I think is key to choosing your wedding look.” Follow James’ simple steps below and Millie’s bridal ‘do could be yours before you say… I do!
1. Wash hair with a volumising shampoo and conditioner to give hair a healthy body and shine. Try James Brown’s Volume Boost range.
2. Prep hair with a protective heat spray such as James Brown London’s Heat Protect Spray, £7.14 then blow dry out with a big round brush to create lots of body and bounce
3. Use the pointed end of a comb to divide the hair down the middle and separate into two low bunches behind the ears
4. Loosely plait the hair starting right behind the ear. Be sure to keep plaits very loose- if you make them too tight you won’t be able to move them around the head to where you want them to end up.
5. Cross each plait over the head towards the other one and pin in place using a 1inch Kirby grip in the colour of your hair. When pinning the hair, be sure to point the Kirby grip in the direction of the plait (back towards the ear) so as to hide the pin and keep it secure.
6. Hairspray! Spray from a distance to avoid the style looking stiff- you want this look to be soft and feminine, and last all day.
Getting hitched? Look through our gallery below for the best-ever bridal hair inspiration...