Why The 'Hun' (Half Bun) Is Trending
At Grazia we love Zooey Deschanel's retro make up look, as it's glamourour but oh-so wearable. Her trademark beauty look is vintage wide-eye make up, which you can achieve with nude eyeshadow, nude kohl liner, black liquid liner and lots of mascara. Finished off with fun lipgloss and a fringe. Who better to show us how to copy her look than beauty blogger Tanya Burr?
Tanya has previously delved through her makeup bag to give us insight into Brigitte Bardot's 60s siren look, Taylor Swift's all-American style, Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh's party look, Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips, Lana Del Rey's modern 60's look and Olivia Palermo's natural rosy complexion, so we can't wait to find out how to achieve Zooey Deschanel's fun every day look...
Hey guys, today I am going to give you a step by step guide to achieving Zooey Descanel's look
1. Zooey's make up is a perfect every day look - start by using light weight foundation and work this in with a buffing brush to achieve a natural and flawless finish.
2. Fill in the brows with a natural shape using a brown powder.
3. For the eyeshadow, use a glittery nude colour. MAC's All That Glitters is perfect for this look as she tends to wear a peachy shimmer, these colours are great for making your eyes look bigger which are Zooey's main feature. Simply sweep this all over the lid and then through the socket apply a deep gold colour for subtle definition. Make sure to blend this well to give a soft, natural effect. Take this colour under the eye quite strongly to give that dolly eye effect.
4. Use a nude kohl liner on the waterline to make the eyes look even bigger, to brighten and to take out any redness.
5. She often wears liquid liner - but not a very thick line - so apply your liner finely to the lash line, only thickening it slightly above the pupil to get the round eyed effect.
6. Curl your lashes to get them really curly and add lots of mascara.
7. For the skin, use a rosy cream blush and blend onto the apples of the cheeks to get the Zooey look and to give a lovely rosy glow.
8. Similarly with the lips, use a sheer rosy coloured lipsticks and then apply a similar coloured lip gloss to really accentuate the lips and give it the girly finish!