Florrie White's signature Chanel smoky-eye (Chanel)
Season in, season out, the smoky eye is forever making its mark on the catwalks. Whether teamed with a nude lip or a bold brow, there’s just something about a khol-rimmed, lashy look that just oozes that cool-chic vibe. So if, like us, you’re a big fan of the sultry eye then hurry on down and pick up this week’s new issue of Grazia and you’ll find a pretty awesome beauty feature dedicated to this season’s update on the smoky eye.
Ready to update your look? As make-up artist extraordinaire Florrie White explains, “Chanel, Stella, Versace and Jonathan Saunders all sent natural, raw beauties down the catwalk with various degrees of smoky eyes. This dramatic eye differs from autumn/winter. Now, you’ll see it as the main element of a make-up look, focusing just on the eyes and playing around with levels of texture and intensity.” Sounds good to us! Just remember Florrie’s golden rule and “keep your base light and highlighted, like moonlight reflecting off your temples to really accentuate the dramatic smokiness of the eye.”
Your Smoky Eye Essentials
1. Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Ebene, £19: The official must-have SS14 liner
2. Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Seduction, £38: The perfect palette for smoky-eye blending heaven
3. Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Black Stream, £23: Ideal for adding depth and intensity to the lash line
4. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel Mascara in Noir, £24: A real Grazia-fave- luscious lashes guaranteed!
5. Chanel Le Sourcil De Chanel, £43: For the ultimate power brow
Want to watch how it's done? Then look no further than make-up artist Lisa Eldridge's how-to video...