We're desperately willing Spring to make an appearance and if you take a peek at this week's issue you'll see that Grazia towers we've taken matters into our own hands and decided that Spring has sprung! So, we've given you the ultimate guide to upgrading your make up bag ready for summer according to trends but check out our own favourites making their way into our make up bags right now!
Lauren Murdoch-Smith, Grazia's Beauty Editor:
When it comes to Spring make-up, I like to add a splash of colour to compliment my faux tan. Not only does it enhance a tan, natural or fake, it also physiologically makes you feel summery, even if the weather outside is miserable.
1. I’m a blusher girl so any new blusher technology gets me excited. Sad I know! L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Blush in Universal Rosy Blush, £7.99 adapts to your skin on contact so that you achieve a natural glow. Neither matte or creamy, it’s the perfect heat buster, staying put all day long.
2. Although nude is the big nail story for summer, you still need to have a colour backs up, even if you reserve it for your toes. So my go-to summer shade is Chanel Le Vernis in Fracas, £18. A corally, pink, it’s the perfect hybrid of summer’s greatest nail colours.
3. I love a bit of liner but I’ll be switching my usual black for a navy. Not only is it less harsh and more flattering, this shadow, which I’ll be adapting to use as a liner, promises to last 15 hours which when it comes to styling out the tube ride to and from work, is a life saver Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Sapphire, £15
Rose Beer, Grazia's Beauty Writer:
1. One of my summer’s resolutions is to be more daring when it comes to my makeup. The amazing new NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg, £17.50 is helping me on my way. Sitting somewhere between red and deep pink it works really well with fair skin and hair, is super easy to apply and has great staying power too.
2. There’s nothing like a pretty pedicure to make me think of spring and ESSIE Nail Lacquer in Watermelon, £7.95 is the shade currently gracing my toes.
3. I have recently switched my tinted moisturiser for the amazing L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique Anti Redness CC Cream, £9.99 after picking one up backstage at the autumn/winter shows. Its skin-evening properties and subtle bronze glow are the best I have seen for ages.
Angelica Hermon, Grazia's Beauty Co-Ordinator
1. I don’t think I’ve fallen in love with a fragrance as much as I have with this floral number. It screams Summer and is a much more modern take on a feminine floral - expect a light scent with more body and depth to it. It’s my most exciting beauty addition yet and I can’t stop spritzing! Byredo Inflorescnce Eau De Parfum, £130
2. Chanel have just launched a new mascara which is music to my ears as I am a total wand junkie. This one is actually a soft maroon shade which is not only on trend for SS13 but very flattering on blue eyes too. I like to add extra volume by doing two layers of it. Chanel Le Volume Mascara, £23
3. Anything glossy and pink catches my eye and right now it’s all about this lip loveliness. It’s not too heavily pigmented so makes for the perfect day time lip update and it keeps lips nourished and moisturised in these freezing temperatures too. Bobbi Brown Tube Tint in Pink Cloud, £14