Why The 'Hun' (Half Bun) Is Trending
When it comes to Olivia Palermo, we have to admit we're a little starstruck. From her Bambi eyes to her impeccable FROW style at London Fashion Week, the New York socialite has made quite the impression. So we have to ask, how does this trendy jet setter always look so feminine and dewy fresh? Who better to tell us than beauty blogger extraordinaire Tanya Burr? She's previously given us insight into this season's Autumn/Winter make up, as well as Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, and the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips.
Hey everyone! So this week I will be giving you a step-by-step guide on how to get fashion front row favourite Olivia Palermo's look!
1. Olivia has a really flawless but natural finish to her skin. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is perfect for this look as it is a water-based foundation, so it gives your skin a light and radiant feel.
2. Her brows are polished and perfect -- nothing too heavy, but with a slight arch. Run a powder through your brows to create your own desired brow.
3. Her eyeshadow is always quite matte and defined. Start by using a matte natural base (Brule by MAC is a great colour), brushing all over the lid and up to the brow. Then contour with a matte brown shadow, blending well through the crease for beautiful definition; blend the brown under the eye as well.
4. Run a liquid liner across the lash line, getting slightly thicker towards the edge of the eye. Olivia rarely wears a flick at the end, so this is just for extra definition. Then apply lots of mascara to complete the eye look!
5. Now Olivia's face is quite matte with no shine or luminosity. Her cheekbones are amazing, so take a matte contour powder or bronzer and lightly contour the cheek bones. Her cheeks are lovely and rosy so chose a bright matte blush and apply it to the apples of the cheeks.
6. For the lips, a pinky berry colour is perfect. The finish needs to be natural, so either a sheer lipstick or a tinted lip balm will work well (Clinique Chubby Sticks are great for adding a little bit of colour and shine). Once this is done, you will have an Olivia Palermo everyday look!