YSL’s latest offering caused quite the stir when it landed on the Grazia beauty desk and it’s not hard to see why. Coming from a team of four beauty girls who couldn’t live without their trusty Touche Éclats, YSL’s newest product had some big boots to fill. Well girls, the good news is that we are already totally obsessed with Kiss and Blush, the beauty brand’s hottest offering designed to work on cheeks and lips. This is some real multi-tasking stuff. Plus, available in 12 shades, this rosy-hued spectrum guarantees the ultimate springtime glow for every skin tone. Hurrah!
There are a fair few reasons why we love Kiss and Blush and reckon this is a serious cult product in the making. Why? The glass bottle, for starters, is super-chic and the perfect new season update for your make-up bag. What’s more, the stellar 2-in-1 formula will quickly dispel any preconceptions you had about 2-in-1 products, notorious for not excelling in either area of said beauty promise. 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner? You get the idea.
With a light, air-whipped mousse texture, soft matte finish and blendable formula, we’re in the midst of a real love affair with Kiss and Blush, so you can only imagine how excited we were to catch up with YSL make-up artist Fred Letailleur, who shared with us his top tips for the ultimate Kiss and Blush application…
Fred Letailleur's 6 Easy Steps For The Ultimate Springtime Glow:
1. Ensure skin is clear and radiant by using YSL’s Forever Youth Liberator Serum to hydrate and Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation to add luminosity. Next apply Touché Éclat over the cheeks to sculpt and also around the lips to sharpen their contour.
2. You can use a warm tone on the cheek and lips for a coordinated result, or for a younger look, use a warm tone on the cheek, followed by a contrasting cool tone on the lips.
3. When applying Kiss & Blush on the cheeks, use 2 or 3 dots along the top of the cheekbone and then blend from the apple of the cheeks downwards towards your hairline.
4. For a sculpted result, use the texture along the top of the cheekbone, or focus on the apple of the cheeks should you prefer a younger look.
5. For a natural lip effect, apply with the applicator directly on the lips dotting 2 or 3 dots then blend with your finger. For a smoother result, apply the texture directly from the applicator to the lip, starting from the outer corner towards the centre.
6. Sharpen the definition of the lips and cupid’s bow using the tip of the brush. The matte luminous texture will melt into the lip creating a fine layer of colour ideal for daytime when using natural tones or perfect for a sophisticated matte burst of lasting colour on the lip for special occasions!