We’re going to let you in on a little secret, ladies. When it comes to beauty, we like to think we’re pretty in the know, although whenever we come face to face with a make-up artist, we are always left a little dumbfounded. In awe, us? Yes, maybe a little!
There’s nothing more us beauty ladies love than watching a make-up guru at work, busy working her contouring, defining and highlighting magic, so we were beyond thrilled to be able to catch up with Grazia favourite Maxine Leonard last week. Not only has Maxine prepped many a beauty shoot for our pages, but is currently Beauty Editor at Wonderland Magazine where she develops and directs concepts for both beauty stills and videos.
Earlier this year, Maxine was unveiled as the make-up ambassador for Superdrug’s B. Make-up range and was heavily involved in the development of the collection. So, when it comes to expert knowledge, we reckon Miss Leonard knows a thing or two! So, what did we learn from Maxine this time round? Check out her top ten beauty tips below…
What we learned from Maxine
1. Hydrate and Moisturise with Caudalie Beauty Elixir, £32
2. For glossy skin, try Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate, £55
3. Chanel Eye Make-up Remover, £21.50 is really gentle on the eyes
4. Want firmer, lifted skin? Try B. Radiant Rejuvenating Serum, £13.99
5. Her personal fave? YSL Touche Éclat, £25
6. Chanel Sublimage La Crème, £240, leaves the complexion glowing
7. For the ultimate smudge-proof mascara, try B.Longer Lengthening Mascara, £9.99
8. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, £20, give the best lift to tired eyes
9. Looking for the best red? Try B.Rich Intense Moisturising Lipstick in Marilyn, £7.99
10. For perky peepers, arm yourself with Serge Lutens Eye Khol Liner, £43