Attracta Courtney busy working her makeup magic backstage
Here at Grazia Beauty, we literally live in a mountain of makeup, and a big perk of the job is being able to road-test lots of exciting lotions and potions. However, being able to delve deep into a makeup artist’s stash is another of our favourite past-times, so you can imagine how excited we were when celebrity makeup artist Attracta Courtney decided to reveal the secrets of her beauty booty!
When we caught up with Attracta last week, she said, “When I discover a great product that works regardless of the price, I am very loyal and stick to that brand until I discover something as great to replace it. Here are some of my favourite tried and tested products that I use on myself and also on models to create magical beauty for editorial..."
1. Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver, £14 : I always carry this product with me to freshen my skin, it leaves a beautiful glowing sheen on the skin. I apply it 2 or 3 times a day for that instant radiant glow. It also gives a tightening effect on skin which is perfect prior to applying foundation. Instant facial glow
2. HealGel Face, £48: This is a new skincare range I have been using for 3 months now which I love and recommend alot, during this long winter I felt my skin needed a nourishing treatment which this product is fab for, love its therapeutic healing effect on my skin.
3. Lancome Rouge in Love, £21: Just got this new lip colour so I will be trying out soon - a rich and creamy texture which I love for summer
4. Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara, £22.50: Love the 3 ball designed wand - perfect to catch and coat all eyelashes for rich black sexy eyelashes, One layering is enough for daywear. Great product which does not flake!
5. Le Rouge Givenchy Carmin Escarpin, £24: Just recently started to wear red lipstick again and this product helped me covert to wearing rich vibrant colours again. Beautiful rich matte texture which is long wearing for day or night
6. Nivea Soft Moisture Cream Pot, £6.02: This is my number one go to product for myself and models when I need that extra boost of moisturiser for skin. It is a superb moisturiser that leaves skin feeling pampered and nourished without costing a fortune!!! I am always recommending Nivea to my friends it's perfect for winter skin in particular.
7. Tom Ford Black Orchid, £68 for 50ml: My all time favourite perfume, I recently returned from a working trip in the Caribbean where all the local people were loving this fragrance so much so I gave my other bottle away to a local lady who I think will love me forever.
8. Bourjois Cream Blush 03, £7.99, available from 15th May: I am a big fan of cream blushers hence I was very lucky to be one of the 1st make up artists to use this fabulous new cream blush from Bourjois during one of my shows at LFW in Feb. I now use the 03 colour as it is the perfect dusky rose pink which suits my pale complexion for that english rose flush. I use my fingertips to tap the product onto my cheeks, it magically leaves this gorgeous healthy powdery glow, super easy to apply. A perfect treat for summer skin great new product from a high street brand.
9. Diorskin Nude concealer 001, £21: My all time favourite concealer, creamy and very easy to apply to the T zone area. This product lasts a long time as you only need just a small application to get great results.
10. Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm, £32: This product is a new discovery to me however I am already a convert, loving the effects of the rich texture of the cream on my skin, it really feels like cashmere and smells delicious, a new luxury product for me for sure.
11. Benefit That Gal, £22.50 This is one of my hero products, My secret accessory to give that all healthy sheen when I feel my skin needs a glowing boost. It smells divine and always delivers that oomph to my skin.