Christmas is a time when we all like to take a few more style risks, whether that's stepping out in a pair of sky high stilettos or dabbling with fake lashes. Who better to guide us through a festive makeup look than Grazia Daily regular Tanya Burr? In the video and steps below the beauty blogger extraordinaire demonstrates how to create the perfect party look, ideal for yuletide drinks or even a New Year's bash. So follow her lead and dare to dazzle!
Tanya has previously delved through her makeup bag to give us insight into Brigitte Bardot's 60s siren look, Taylor Swift's all-American style, Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh's party look, Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips, Lana Del Rey's modern 60's look, Olivia Palermo's natural rosy complexion, and Zooey Deschanel's fun every day look - so if you're looking for more makeup inspiration this Christmas, check out her handiwork.
1. Start by working a luminous foundation onto your skin. NARS Sheer Glow is great for this because it gives great coverage but with a glowing finish.
2. Choose a festive shimmery eye shadow colour. I went bold and opted for a green shadow, but gold is perfect if you want a safer look. Blend this colour all over the lid and run a slightly deeper shade under the eye.
3. Line the waterline with black kohl and take a gel liner and apply a fine line close to the lashes.
4. Apply lots of mascara and add false lashes here if you want to.
5. To get the skin looking really flawless, use a powder all over the face. Benefit's 'Hello Flawless' is great for getting a bit of extra coverage. Apply bronzer to the cheekbones then a small amount over the rest of the face for a warm finish. You can use this as a blush too or opt for a subtle warm colour to complement the eyes and lips.
6. For the lips red lipstick is so festive and Christmassy and perfect for a party look. Take your favourite shade and apply all over the lips and then your Christmas party look is complete!