How To Apply Foundation Like A Pro
It's your Big Day and you want your makeup to look tip top - but should you opt for smokey eyes or go au natural? Whatever your preference, Grazia Daily has turned to beauty pro Ashley Manwaring from the MAC Events Team for her advice on how to get the top four most popular bridal looks. Take note, brides-to-be...
For a classic red lip that requires little maintenance throughout the day, prime the lips and blend MAC Pro Longwear pencil in Kiss Me Quick all over the lips and finish with Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Colour in Heart.
Create a natural radiant look by applying MAC Face and Body foundation and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Both are great for all skin types, imitate the look of skin, yet provide a flawless coverage that lasts! To keep the eyes natural, we used MAC Brule eyeshadow over the lid and MAC Wedge eyeshadow through the crease followed by MAC Prunella Eye Kohl, a perfect alternative to black or brown, along the lash line and finished off with a sweep of Chanel Imitable Intense mascara.
A cream blusher looks great with this foundation, we used Bobbi Brown Sheer Colour Cheek Tint in Sheer Pink and added a little extra highlight using a MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl; both applied using fingertips. To complete this look, a MAC lip pencil in Dervish was lightly blended across the lips for lasting colour and finished off with a sweep of MAC Plushglass lipgloss in Ample Pink.
Using the Urban Decay Naked Palette, apply Sin eyeshadow all over the lid followed by Naked eyeshadow in the crease and Darkhorse eyeshadow as a soft smokey eyeliner using an angled eyeliner brush. We've applied Girls With Attitude lashes from the Glamour Range to give extra definition for that wow factor.
For a more dramatic eye, use Sin eyeshadow all over the lid with Hustle eyeshadow in the crease and blend outward using Naked eyeshadow all from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Apply a little hustle along the lower lash in the outer corners for extra impact and finish with a sweep of black gel liner by Sleek and Girls With Attitude false lashes. To compliment a heavier eye look, try Bourjois Lovely Rouge lipstick in Rose.
1. Bridal make up should be within your comfort zone: stick to natural colours and flawless skin with a bit of gloss if you're not used to wearing much.
2. Invest in brushes: a good brush will make all the difference. Try an eyeshadow blending brush, your eyeshadow will blend out evenly when used in a light swirling motion and a liner brush will give a smooth precise finish with a little practice.
3. The key to lasting foundation is a primer: try MAC Prep and Prime Skin for a smooth finish that will hold foundation even on oily skin.
4. Urban Decay Primer Potion is a must under any eyeshadow: apply it as though it is a concealer for the eyelids and then set it with your eyeshadow- it prevents creasing and the eye make up will last all day!
The stars inspiring our bridal beauty
5. Give balance to the brows and subtle definition: try an eyeshadow such as MAC Coquette using an angled liner brush to fill in any gaps
6. Give definition to the lash line: before applying false lashes you may want to apply eyeliner to them if the root of the lash isn't a solid line and blend the false lashes into your own.
7. Use a lip primer: this will hydrate, soften and smooth the appearance of your lips. Your lipstick will hold better and if you use the primer all over and a little around the outside edge of your lips, your lipstick won't bleed.
8. Keep these key items nearby: if you need a touch-up on your wedding day, have to hand a blot powder to matte out unwanted shine, your lipstick or gloss and blusher. If you're looking to take your make up from day to night time glamour, try adding a slightly darker eyeshadow to the crease of your make up and eyeliner to your waterline for instant smokeyness.
You May Also Like
How To Apply Foundation Like A Pro
How Often Do The A List Wash Their Hair?
30 Workwear Outfits To Try This Autumn