Although Lou Teasdale is best known for her role as One Direction’s hairstylist (jealous, us?), this hair guru is also a total genius when it comes to girls’ hair, too, and sure knows a thing or two about looking good. So, you can only imagine how excited we were to catch up with blonde beauty Lou to hear her top tips for achieving the ultimate summer festival plait.
After all, with summer on the horizon and festival season looming imminently, the time has come, we think, to finally get to grips with the messy-chic plait- the ultimate festival hairstyle! Read on to discover Lou’s top tips and watch the video above for the full scoop. Enjoy!
How To Get The Ultimate Festival Plait
1. Spray Fudge Urban Sea Salt, £6.99 right through the ends of clean or dirty hair- both work well.
2. Rough dry and finger comb.
3. Loosely curl your hair using a curling wand throughout the lengths of the hair.
4. Backcomb the crown for some added height.
5. Create a section around the back of your head on the braid side and backcomb the roots to attach the clips to.
6. Apply a clip-in hair piece and shake Fudge Urban Powder Styler, £6.99 into the ends of the hair.
7. Find 3 loose sections and create your braid.
8. Finally, pull apart slightly with fingers to mess up the style. Voila! Festival plait sorted.
Lou Teasdale is the Fudge Urban Global Brand Ambassador. Fudge Urban products are available at Boots.