Kate's bouncy blow-dry courtesy of royal hair guru 'Mandy' Cook Tucker
It’s been six days since Kate Middleton made her triumphant departure from St Mary’s Lindo Wing with baby George in tow, yet we still can’t stop staring at photos of her looking, well, just so gorgeous and every inch the princess we know and love. Whilst we were blown away with her fresh complexion, rosy cheeks and golden hue, it’s Kate’s impeccable locks that have had us green with envy.
Women the world over have been jealous of Kate’s magnificent mane ever since she stepped on to the royal scene, although her postpartum hairdo has had the female population in a real beauty frenzy- what is Kate’s secret weapon? How did she look so amazing for her first post-birth appearance (and first public appearance in over a month, FYI)?
Amanda Cook Tucker arriving at the Lindo Wing after Kate had given birth
Well, fear not, ladies, as we’ve got the full lowdown for you right here. Kate’s postpartum beauty ally comes in the form of 50-year-old royal hairdresser Amanda Cook Tucker, and whilst you might have seen her name around recently, the question is, how much do you really know about the royal hairdresser?
10 Things To Know About Amanda Cook Tucker
1. She was Prince George’s second visitor in hospital- the first was Marcus Setchell, the gynaecologist who helped deliver the royal babe.
2. Cook Tucker charged £300 a day, plus travel costs, for her hairdressing services to Kate during the Diamond Jubilee Visit of the Far East in September 2012, and Prince Charles paid!
3. Her ex-husband, Neville Tucker, owned a Knightsbridge salon that held the Royal Warrant from 1980-1994, working closely with the Queen’s hairdresser, Charles Martyn.
4. She met the new little prince before Kate’s parents did! Quite the royal treatment…
5. She is Kate’s personal home hair stylist- which must mean she’s used Kate’s loo? We wonder how many Jo Malone candles are burning away in the royal abode…
6. She has been cutting Will and Harry’s locks since they were kiddies- will she have a new client in Prince George?
7. Whilst on tour in SE Asia, Cook Tucker discovered coconut oil and its frizz-fighting power- is this her secret to keeping Kate’s locks luscious?
8. She’s a blow-dry pro- whilst Kate still visits Richard Ward’s salon in Chelsea for her colour, Cook-Tucker’s glossy blow-dries are Kate’s favourite.
9. She’s known as ‘Mandy’ to her friends.
10. She was responsible for taking Kate’s blue and white spotty dress into the hospital on 23rd July, as well as the new babe’s car seat!