Sky Ferreira for Redken
When uber-cool, 21-year-old singer-songwriter Sky Ferreira was unveiled as Redken’s new muse back in December us Grazia ladies were seriously excited. After all, what’s not to love about Sky? Having already walked for the likes of Marc Jacobs and having bagged a campaign for Forever 21, it’s safe to say Sky is no stranger to the fashion world, and has already established herself in the music industry too- even Miley Cyrus asked her to join her latest US tour as supporting act! What’s more, Shane Wolf, Redken Worldwide General Manager said she “is the perfect choice for Redken.” Leslie Marino, General Manager, Redken US also added: “She has an incredible spirit and a style all her own. She has a story to tell, and she’s not afraid to tell it… Sky embodies the energy of every New Yorker. NYC is a dynamic place where people come to reinvent themselves and share their story with the world.” We couldn’t agree more! Read on to discover the 7 things we learnt about Sky when we caught up with her last week…
The 7 Things You Need To Know About Sky Ferreira:
1. She loves experimenting with colour: Sky initially went blonde for the campaign back in December but now rocks a dark brunette hue: “The blonde was hard to maintain but I love experimenting with colour. Everyone should try being blonde… at least once!”
2. She grew up with Redken: “I used to have really thick hair which I hated combing. My mum used to chase me around with a Redken bottle which I’d use to get rid of tangled strands.”
3. She loves her beauty sleep: “I have very dry hair so I like to leave my conditioner in for a long time- I often sleep with a Redken treatment in my hair. I also sleep on a silk pillow case which really helps to keep the hair smooth.”
Sky's latest look was the work of hairdressing legend George Northwood
4. Kurt Cobain is her ultimate hair hero: …And even inspired her latest choppy cut.
5. She loved working with photographer Matt Irwin: “It was an awesome campaign. Matt used to live with me in New York so I’ve known him for a long time. It was really easy, and fun!”
6. She knows how to deal with a bad hair day: “I just put a hat on it…”
7. She couldn’t live without a pair of straighteners: “A flat iron is my number one hair tool!”
Ready to see Sky in action? Check out the latest Redken campaign right here… Enjoy!