Since spotting Kristen Stewart's look at the LA premiere of Breaking Dawn - Part 2 this week we've been desperate to find out how to recreate the Twilight star's red carpet hairstyle. A polished version of K-Stew's usual 'do, the actress wore her tresses swept to the side and held in place with a clever roll technique at the nape of her neck - the ultimate rock-glam mane for the queen of undone style. Then we looked back at her previous hair hits and noticed a pattern. To quote Beyonce, Kristen only wears her hair 'to the left, to the left'.
The star's natural parting must dictate this styling decision to an extent, but could she also be trying to hide something, like a wonky earlobe or even a vampire bite or two? Maybe she prefers the right side of her face and wants to show it off to its full potential. Who knows! There's only one occasion in 2012 when we saw the brunette with her coiffure combed to the right and that was at the Tokyo press call for the final instalment of the movie saga last month. Guess she must have been having an off day.
To try the look at home follow the advice of hair stylist extraordinaire Charles Worthington: 'Kristen has gone for a classic red carpet blow-dry with a twist. By pinning the hair at the nape of her neck she is able to flatter her décolletage and the hair swept off the face on one side helps to elongate her neck.'
1. To do this at home, blow dry as usual using a large round brush and apply my Charles Worthington Full Volume Big Bounce Spray at the roots for great volume effect.
2. Once dry, set in large rollers for 15 minutes and then release.
3. Finish by carefully rolling the side of your towards the nape of the neck - use pintail comb to keep it really neat and secure underneath the nape with a pin.
4. Now take the crown and gently backcomb for height and to ensure the pinned hair is hidden.
5. Mist with a shine hairspray for glossy hold.
For more, check out our K-Stew hair transformation gallery.