It's a bit Princess Leia and a bit milk maid meets Heidi but in true Diane Kruger style, it's already started tongues wagging for yet another beauty statement that is set to be a big trend. Stepping out in Lanvin to light the Christmas lights in Paris, Diane looked every inch the Hollywood siren. We thought that we would grab five minutes with Adam Reed, hairstylist and the man behind that infamous fishtail plait that Diane rocked on the red carpet in Cannes, to tell us about Diane's latest hair triumph.
"Diane's hair looks simple and beautiful and that’s why it works as her Lanvin outfit has a strength to it so this braided style softens teh overall look without looking messy. It's clean and simple but still pretty and Diane does a plait so well, it's a variation on a theme that works for her (Adam created the fishtail plait on Diane in 2009)"
"Plaits are the most simple style to create but because it's a plait, it makes hair look detailed and gives a bold,strong statement"
How To Get The Diane Kruger Milk Maid Braid:
1. "The key to making this look strong and on trend, Centre parting will make look strong and on trend so pull your hair into a centre parting then..
2. Secure your hair into two low ponytail, either side at the nape of your neck.
3. Braid the ponytails and then wrap the plaits around into a bun and secure with Goody’s hair grips
4. If you have long enough hair, split one of the ponytail braids to make the halo braid, make an arch shape, pull the braid over the top and then tuck in behind the buns and secure using Goody’s mini bobby pins
5. Cheat with a faux halo braid if your hair is too short. The Hersheson's Chunky Braided Headband is perfect.
6. Finish with Percy and Reed's Finishing Polish to tame any fly aways and you can also use a bit on your fingers whilst you're braiding to keep everything really nice and secure."