We've been swooning over Kate's glossy mane for what seems like an age (Getty Images)
Happy 32nd Birthday, Kate Middleton! It’s been quite the year for the Duchess of Cambridge- having given birth to baby George back in July, our Kate suddenly gave a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘yummy mummy’. From the minute she stepped out on the stairs of the hospital with her new babe bundled up in her impeccably spray-tanned arms, it was clear that Kate was totally ready to embrace life as a glamorous mum. Way to go, K-Mid! Fast forward to January 2014 and Kate has, as expected, never failed to make us swoon with her impressive repertoire of silky, smooth, bouncy blow-dries. In fact, as hairdresser Nicky Clarke says, “Over the past 12 months Kate has serious impressed with her glossy, flowing locks- effortlessly combining motherhood with high glamour.” We couldn’t put it better ourselves!
Kate's hair is always impeccably glossy and bouncy- we want! (Getty)
In fact, who better than hairdresser royalty Nicky Clarke to provide us with his top tips for Kate-worthy tresses? Having been awarded with an OBE for his stellar services to the hair industry back in 2008, it’s safe to say Nicky sure knows a thing or two about A-list ready hair. What’s more, we managed to catch up with Nicky himself who not only couldn’t wait to show us his new styling tools (designed with Kate’s tresses in mind!) but who also shared with us his top tips for a sleek, K-Mid hairstyle. Read on and learn girls, read on and learn…
Nicky Clarke's Top Tips For Kate Middleton Hair:
1. To begin, rough dry the hair to 70% to remove all the moisture.
2. Starting behind the fringe area, take a diagonal section of the hair and comb straight up, misting Nicky Clarke Hair Raising, £16, at the roots.
3. Using the brand new Nicky Clarke Smooth and Shine Blow Dry Styler, £34.99, blow dry the hair away from the head, rolling the brush back down the hair. Curve the brush inwards at the ends of your hair. Repeat this until the whole section is dry and smooth.
4. Next, to create that little bit of movement, set the hair in large rollers. We love Babyliss’ Thermo Ceramic Rollers, £29.99. To insert the roller, pinch the ends and place the roller against the hair 80% the way up. Wrap the ends around the roller and roll down to the roots- use a silver clip to attach to the hair.
5. Place 3 rollers at the crown area; and 2 sets of 2 either side of that. Then diagonally place the rollers down the rest of your hair.
6. Allow the rollers to cool- the longer the better! When ready, release the rollers and brush out using a wide-toothed comb for separation.
7. Mist with hairspray to finish and seal your K-Mid signature style.
For the ultimate Kate hair inspiration, click through our gallery and check our the Duchess' best-ever hair moments. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Kate!