Singer Taylor Swift has been busy promoting her new album Red over the last few weeks and has pulled out all the fashion stops to get our attentions. But what about her beauty look? For the most part the US songstress stuck to her makeup essentials including porcelain foundation and bold red lipstick, but when she made an appearance on UK TV show The X Factor she tried something a little different. And who better to talk us through Taylor's on stage look than beauty blogger extraordinaire Tanya Burr? She's previously delved through her makeup bag to give us insight into Made In Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh's part look, as well as Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips, Lana Del Rey's modern 60's look and Olivia Palermo's natural rosey compexion so we can't wait to explore Taylor's beauty regime and get an all-American makeover.
Hey everyone! Here is a step-by-step guide to getting Taylor Swift's pretty and feminine X Factor look.
1. Start by taking a foundation brush and blending your foundation into your skin. Taylor's skin has a very porcelain finish so don't go for a tanned hue for this look.
2. For the eyes, start by using a base. I love the MAC paint pots to intensify the colour and to act as a base. MAC's Bare Study is perfect for this shimmery look. Next take a white shimmery eyeshadow and pop this all over the lid for a bit of sparkle. Then to define the crease, take a matte brown colour and blend this into your socket bone for some gorgeous definition. You can then run the same colour under the eye too. If you want to, add some glitter pigment here - MAC's Reflex Pearl is amazing for this.
3. Then take your favourite liner be it gel, liquid or otherwise and place this along the lash line and wing it out with a flick for a signature Taylor look. Pop on lots of mascara and if you're going for a more dramatic look, you can add false eyelashes here too.
4. Next take a pinky blush - I love Benefit's Hervana and put this on to the apples of the cheeks. Highlighter is also great for a Taylor look and looks gorgeous on top of the cheek bones.
5. Taylor often wears a red lip but for her appearance on the X Factor she went for a deep pink. Start by lining the lips with a red lip pencil but then chose a pinky coloured lipstick and place this on top of the liner for a full on pink effect. Taylor look complete and you're ready to hit the stage!