60's style rocked the Spring Summer 2013 runway. We spotted it in Milan at Moschino, DSquared and Emporio Armani and it cropped up again today in Paris at the Louis Vuitton catwalk presentation. Step forward our favourite retro beauty poster girl - Lana Del Rey. And who better to talk us through Lana's beauty essentials than blogger extraordinaire Tanya Burr? She's previously delved through her makeup bag to give us insight into this season's Autumn/Winter make up, as well as Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look, the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips and Olivia Palermo's natural rosey compexion so we can't wait to explore Lana's beauty regime and get the Del Rey makeover.
Hi guys, this week I will be showing you a step-by-step to Lana Del Rey's iconic make-up look...
- Lana is very pale, so choose a foundation that corresponds to your skin tone and that won’t add any extra bronze or colour. Work it into the skin to even out the tone and give a photo ready finish.
- Lana has dark, defined and straight brows. Create this shape using a brown eyeshadow and an angled brush.
- For the eyeshadow, start with a matte base and dust it all over the eyelid. Lana often has a strong contour through her crease so take a matte brown shadow and blend this into the crease with a fluffy blending brush.
- Liner is really important to a Lana look. Use a gel liner and a brush and line the top lash line, getting thicker as you work. Finish this off with a flick at the side and join it up to the rest of the liner. After this, run a black eyeshadow underneath the eye for extra definition and you can also run a light kohl colour across the waterline for extra brightness.
- Coat the lashes with lots of mascara and for a more dramatic look, you could apply false lashes as Lana's lashes are always amazing.
- Contour is another important part of a Lana look as she has strong and beautiful cheekbones. Use a contour powder or matte bronzer to create shape and definition.
- For this particular look, I used a nude lip colour but Lana is often seen sporting red too. Blankety by MAC is a perfect nude. Simply run this across the lips and blot it in with your fingers. Lana look complete!