Blogger Tanya Burr has previously given us an insight into Natalie Portman's simple yet glamorous look, Blake Lively's boho chic beauty, Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup, Emma Stone's winged eyeliner, Audrey Hepburn's timeless look. and the gorgeous Victoria's Secret models glowing cheeks and luscious lips. This week to coincide with the changing temperature Tanya is guiding us through her signature autumn look including dark red lips also spotted at Rochas, Gucci and Nicole Farhi...
With Summer over, the Autumn colours are now beginning to show! Today I am going to show you a step-by-step guide on how to get the perfect Autumn make-up look.
1. Start by applying foundation all over the face, I tend to use one that gives me more coverage during the colder months as my skin is not so glowing or sun kissed and needs that extra boost.
2. A defined brow looks great in Autumn, choose a brow powder and fill in the sparse areas of your brow and create a shape that suits you most.
3. Next take a light shimmery shadow and pop this all over the eyelid with a fluffy blending brush. Then take a darker colour, I love MAC's 'Satin Taupe', and using the same brush apply this through the socket and over the second half of the lid and under the eye, blending well for a soft and smokey look.
4. I love brown kohl pencils for autumn. Run one across the waterline for a pretty finish and then take a black gel liner and line the top of the lash line for extra definition. Apply lots of mascara - Maybelline 'The Falsies' is great for instant dramatic lashes.
5. For the skin, apply bronzer in the hollows of the cheek for a slight contour and then take a warm blush - I recommend MAC's 'Warm Soul' for a beautiful finish.
6. The lip is really key to an Autumn look. I think warm and rich colours on the lip looks so gorgeous in Autumn. I chose MAC's lip liner in 'Currant' for a base for the lipstick. This is a really gorgeous warm and deep wine coloured liner and it lasts. Then pop a corresponding lipstick or gloss on top of the liner and your the Autumn look is complete!
Watch Tanya's Autumn make up tutorial HERE.