Blogger Tanya Burr has previously given us an insight into Natalie Portman's 'simple yet glamorous look', Blake Lively's boho chic beauty, Katy Perry's sparkly eye makeup and Emma Stone's winged eyeliner. Now see how she works her magic to recreate Audrey Hepburn's 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' look...
This week I will be showing you one of my favourite make-ups to wear inspired by Audrey Hepburn's timeless look in cult film 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. It is a beautiful, delicate and sophisticated look which has been recreated time and time again over the years. Get the look with this step by step guide!
1. Audrey's skin is completely flawless and appears naturally radiant. Use Clinique's Even Better foundation as it is perfect for covering any blemishes and giving a good amount of coverage but it gives a fresh faced appearance. For extra glow and naturalness, use a buffing brush to work the foundation into the skin. Next use a concealer to completely perfect the skin.
2. Audrey's brows are an essential part of this look as they are beautifully thick and full. Take a brown powder and an angle brush and run the powder through your brows until you reach your desired Audrey brow. For those of you with thinner brows like mine, make sure to thicken them out and to also create a slight arch by bringing the powder to a point at the top of your brow.
3. For the eyes you will need two eyeshadow colours. I used the colours Bootycall and Tease from the Urban Decay NAKED2 palette. Bootycall makes the perfect creamy base with a slight shimmer and Tease is the perfect matte contour colour. Use a fluffy blending brush and work your base colour all over the lid and then also through the brow bone. Then, on the same brush, take your contour colour and pop this through the socket line and really blend it out. Audrey's socket line is already very defined but if you're like me then you may need to apply more shadow for extra accentuation. For extra eye definition, run your contour colour under your eye.
4. Next up is eyeliner which is key to an Audrey look and probably the most recognised thing about her appearance. Take your favourite gel liner and brush, I opted for Bobbi Brown gel liner and a Jemma Kidd liner brush. Start by creating a line really close to the lash line then begin to build it up into a thick Audrey-esque line. Then draw on a cat-like flick and join it up to the rest of the liner.
5. Audrey wears a light liner on the inside of her eye which works brilliantly to brighten the eye and to freshen the appearance. Laura Mercier's Flawless Fix pencil in Fair is great for this because it is a more neutral peachy colour rather than a bright white which can often look harsh. Simply run this along the waterline.
6. Audrey's lashes appear full and gorgeous. Take Max Factor's Falsh Last Effect mascara and coat both top and bottom lashes well for a voluminous appearance. It's optional, but to get even fuller lashes you can use a pair of false lashes. MAC's number 4 lashes are perfect for this look as they really open up your eyes for a fluttery look.
7. Now for the lips, audrey wears a defined but naturally coloured lip. Start by taking a lip liner, I used Laura Mercier liner in Natural Lips which is a brown pink colour. Take this all around the edges of the lips and then all over the lips also for a great base colour. Over the top I used Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby which is a beautiful peachy pink with a hint of gloss.
8. Audrey wore barely any colour or her cheeks and she already had prominently sculpted cheek bones. So a subtle peachy blush is perfect for this look. I used Clarins Soft Peach blush and lightly dusted this onto the apples of my cheeks. Her skin in this look was very radiant so for extra radiance use a highlighter as well. Jemma Kidd's Dewy Glow leaves a subtle and hydrating glow with a natural finish. Simply pop this on to the top of your cheek bones.
9. Lastly, powder through the centre of your face to get rid of any unwanted shine and to keep the skin looking flawless and porcelain. And there you have it, a classic Audrey Hepburn look!